Character Classes and Kits
- This section contains Dungeons and Dragons second edition character
kits and classes that may be used by characters adventuring in
Fälgorna. Some of these kits and classes are completely original.
However, many are modifications of AD&D kits and classes previously
published by Wizards of the Coast (WOC) - TSR, Inc. In the case
of a modified kit or class, the material upon which it is based
is clearly referenced (in most cases).
- In the world of Fälgorna every character must choose a class and
may optionally choose a kit for his character. The characters
class describes in general terms the profession the character
follows. The kit describes the specific field or area of speciality
in which the character operates. Just as there are many types
of engineers in our world civil engineers, mechanical engineers,
chemical engineers, etc there are many types of warriors, wizards,
priests and rogues. The characters class places him in a broad
group consisting of many similar professions, and the kit defines
the character's position within that group.
- Six basic character classes are available to characters adventuring
in Fälgorna: Warrior, wizard, priest, rogue, barbarian and psionicist.
All of these basic classes contain subclasses. For example, the
Priest class includes the cleric, druid, specialty priest, crusader,
monk, mystic and shaman subclasses.
- Each class also has a wide variety of kits available to it. There
are also racial kits and generic kits. Generic kits are kits which
are available to characters of more than one class or to all classes.
- Because Fälgorna is a world like no other world, not all the character
classes and kits listed in the various rulesbooks are treated
the same as they would be in other campaign settings. The character
classes and kits as they function in Fälgorna are described in
the following section. Some kits described in the various rulebooks
are not available in Fälgorna, these kits are noted in a special
section at the end of this chapter.
- The modifications described in this manual are official rules
for Fälgorna and take precedence over rules described in the various
AD&D rulebooks. If a character class or kit is not listed, it
is not available without the DM's permission. (Not all the classes
and kits available to characters adventuring in Fälgorna are detailed
on the website at this time.)
- Some character classes and kits may not be played by characters
of certain races. Racial limitations are listed in their own section.
- Special rules for dual-class and multi-classed characters are
covered after the sections on character classes and kits.